Re: several messages

From: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 11:35:54 +0200
Cc: HTMLWG <public-html@w3.org>, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz>

Ian Hickson wrote:
> I tend to agree. But software can be updated on its own; XSLT is a
> standard and we don't know if it will be updated. So in the meantime it
> does make sense to make an effort to address the issue. We can always
> change it later.

Have those people who've been pushing for this change actually
approached the appropriate WG about updating XSLT to allow <!DOCTYPE
htmL> to be emitted?  If not, might I suggest that you actually do so,
so that we really don't need to keep "XSLT-compat" in the long term?

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/