Re: Accessibility of <audio> and <video>

Lachlan Hunt wrote:

>> It is when looking at the fallback, that we should be offered the choice
>> between how we want the video served: as slides, transcript or the very
>> video.
>
> Right, and I'm ok with providing all of that in a way that is available
> to everyone, and providing it or a link to it from within the
> surrounding content seems most appropriate for that.

   Perhaps we can provide some attribute values for |rel| along these lines:

 * "transcript"
 * "slideshow"
 * "download"

   We could then associate such content using the <figure> element:

| <figure id="figVideo1">
|   <video [...]> [...] </video>
|   <legend>
|       Click here for a transcript.
|     </a><br>
|   </legend>
| </figure>

   UAs could then be given the latitude to present this however they
wish, while legacy UAs would just provide the fallback for the video
plus a series of links. Plus, if UAs choose not to provide any special
handling of the content, at the very least it's still accessible to
everyone.