Re: ISSUE-28 (http-mime-override): Content type rules in HTML 5 overlaps with the HTTP specification? [HTML Principles/Requirements]

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 18:00:16 +0100
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>

Boris Zbarsky wrote:
>> Speaking of which: can I turn off content sniffing in the FF config?
>
> Not at the moment, no.  It wouldn't be too hard to add a preference for
> this, I suppose...  Not sure it's worth it.  What are the use cases?

The use case would be to give people a choice between "what the
developers claim is necessary" and "what the currently applicable specs
say".

I'd really like to be able to opt-out of content-sniffing -- for
instance, it would make it more likely that I actually find out about
broken content types on my own server.

Speaking of which it would be really great if there'd be an (optional)
indication if the server-supplied content type and the sniffed content
type disagree (would a FF extension have the necessary information to do
that?).

BR, Julian