Re: ISSUE-28 (http-mime-override): Content type rules in HTML 5 overlaps with the HTTP specification? [HTML Principles/Requirements]

Boris Zbarsky wrote:

> Julian Reschke wrote:
>> It's also worth noting that in httpd trunk, the new default is *not*
>> to send a content type at all when it is unknown. Thus, the original
>> problem (in Apache) has finally been fixed.
>
> Indeed.  And perhaps 5-8 years from now the install base of this new
> Apache will be high enough that we can ditch the text/plain sniffing.
> That would be nice...

Yes, it would. In the meantime it would be nice if HTML5 wouldn't
require ("MUST") a behavior that is in conflict with WEBARCH, and may be
   unneeded a few years from now.

BR, Julian