Re: SURVEY: Accept requirement for immediate mode graphics a la canvas element?

On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 16:02:55 +0100, Dr. Olaf Hoffmann
<Dr.O.Hoffmann@gmx.de> wrote:
> I think, this part of the working draft would be more convincing, if
> there was an element like animation (as in SMIL, SVG Tiny 1.2 or vector
> or however one might call it) to reference vector graphics too
> (optionally with server-sided
> generation to avoid user-sided scripting) - either as an external file
> similar to audio or video or to embed it in a mixed document XHTML+SVG
> as a clear separation...

http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/section-declarative.html
marks 2D vector graphics and animation out of scope because it is already
adequately addressed by SVG which can be embedded in XHTML.

Embedding SVG (and MathML for instance) in HTML is an area I and others
have been looking into during the TPAC (and also on this mailing list, on
weblogs, etc.), but we don't have a good enough proposal yet or
implementation experience for that matter to show that it could actually
work.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>