Re: SURVEY: Accept requirement for immediate mode graphics a la canvas element? (timestamps)

On Thu, 2007-11-22 at 16:14 +0000, Philip TAYLOR wrote:
> I don't think this addresses my concerns at
> all, Dan.  If I'm asked to vote on a question
> Q, and my answer is recorded, and subsequently
> someone amends Q to read Q', then my vote is
> recorded against a question that I did not answer.
>
> If it is within the remit of those creating W3C
> questionnaires to amend the question(s) after the
> first answer has been recorded, then either all
> pre-existing answers should automatically be removed
> (and the respondents notified), or each answer
> should be permalinked /within the questionnaire
> database itself/ to the question as posed when answered.

(1) I hope you'd trust the chairs not to make Q' so
different from Q that the responses would change all that much.

(2) I announced the changes while the poll was still open
and everyone had the opportunity to change their vote.

(3) In the future, I'll try to be more clear that
the question is subject to change for the first day
or two, so that people who don't trust the chairs
to keep Q and Q' close can just wait until the
editing is done.

> Telling me that I may archive my answer in my own mailbox,
> or at public-html@w3.org www-archive@w3.org, does not
> in any way address my concerns about the procedural
> issues involved.

It provides a public record of what question you did answer.

That's relevant to your concerns and addresses them
to my satisfaction.

> Philip TAYLOR
> --------
> Dan Connolly wrote:
>
> > Note the option to "Send a copy of these answers to my email
> > address ..." and "Also send a copy of these answers to
> > public-html@w3.org www-archive@w3.org " at the bottom of
> >  http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/req-gapi-canvas/
> > I think it addresses that process concern.
> >
> > And in case someone doesn't check those options but it
> > turns out to matter a lot when they answered the question,
> > I'm sure we have SQL server logs somewhere.
gpg D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E