Re: HTML 5 Authoring Guidelines Proposal

From: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 13:38:08 +0100
To: "Lachlan Hunt" <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Cc: "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>

On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 02:56:19 +0100, Lachlan Hunt
<lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au> wrote:

> Hi,
>    I thought it would be worthwhile getting started on this and
> presenting a proposal.  So I wrote up a brief proposal for HTML 5
> Authoring Guidelines and checked it into CVS.  At this stage, it's very
> rough draft and effectively just an outline of how it could be written.
> http://dev.w3.org/html5/html-author/

Nice :)

A suggestion - instead of talking about (X)HTML "serialisations", since
this is for normal humans, you might be betteroff ust calling the section
"differences between XHTML and HTML". I presume that throughout the
document you will point out real differences (such as how you include
script content) when talking about relevant topics.

http://my.opera.com/chaals              Try the Kestrel - Opera 9.5 alpha