Re: Proposal: Chained Classnames

At 11:18 PM 5/17/2007 +0200, Dão Gottwald wrote:

>Sure, just like style rules for [role~="foo"] are connected to the
>semantics of an element with the "foo" role. The crux is /default/ style sheet.

I'm confused. Or maybe I just don't understand what point you are making.

Are you saying that an element's /default/ style sheet has nothing to do with
the CLASS value, but rather on whatever defaults are established for that
HTML element on that particular UA?

Yes, it is true that <span class="shipname">Titanic</span> does not get you
a /default/ style other than that for <span> in general.

However, <i class="shipname">Titanic</i> could get you both a default style
and an understandable semantic.

Regards,

Murray