Re: html 5 and accessibility issue

From: aurélien levy <aurelien.levy@free.fr>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 18:34:54 +0200
To: public-html@w3.org

>>> Actually, no, you can't. What you're doing is not conforming to either
>>> HTML 4 or HTML 5.
>> How is the code of aurelien's example definition list not conforming
>> to html 4.01?
> It is technically conforming, but the example is trying to associate a
> <dd> with a subsequent <dt>, which has never been possible.  It's also
> not clear what the use case for doing so is.  Just swap the <dt> and
> <dd> for the 2nd term and description, and it gives the intended meaning.
Because i can want to have my description visually before his term (i
know i can achieve that with css but most of people simply choose the
simplest way).
Even a full dd dt structure in this order validate in html 4
Now with html 5 i can't

At least we need to add an explicit rule to say in semantical meaning dt
should always be followed by his associated dd. But the proposed :
is far better since i can do want i want with the order of dt and dd and
still have association between them