Re: Un-subscribe from public-html without leaving HTMLWG?

"Patrick Garies" <pgaries@fastmail.us> wrote:
> An alternative is to have your email client redirect the email to a
> separate folder.

I already do this, hence the "filling an HTML5 folder" part of my original
message. I'd like to avoid this traffic on my mail server and the filesize
in my local store whilst still participating in the Group.

Dan Connolly wrote:
> Karl, please ask the systems team to consider an enhancement request along
> these lines.

Unfortunately I can't provide a patch for this. Asking for a feature I can't
help with is poor manners on my part, sorry. But many others have expressed
a desire to participate without so much e-mail traffic reaching them.

The main archive page [1] has links to the current unsubscribe+leave
prodecures. The frontend for an unsubscribe-only feature could be added
there if the systems team are kind enough to create one.

[1] <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/>

Ben 'Cerbera' Millard
Collections of Interesting Tables
<http://sitesurgeon.co.uk/!dev/tables/>