Re: About dropping the style attribute

I worked regularly on a site whose authors used regularly to use <h2
style="..."> in order to adjust letter spacing and font sizing so that
headlines of news stories would always take up equal horizontal room.

Obviously, each headline was different so it would be barbaric to give
each news headline an id and have an ever-expanding stylesheet.

It was the content editors who played with the styles, and swapped
synonyms and different phrases into the content until they achieved
the desired effect, so there was no possibility of doing this through
scripting.

You may think it foolish, but it's what they wanted to do and I see no
reason to deprecate it.

bruce