Re: About dropping the style attribute

On 24 Jun 2007, at 05:10, Ben Boyle wrote:
> On 6/24/07, Craig Francis <craig@synergycms.com> wrote:
>> I have done a couple of websites where flat CSS files have been used
>> to create the overall look and feel of the website, but the odd rule
>> is tweaked in the HTML, which has been generated by PHP.
>
> You may find "scoped style" does some of what you need from a style
> attribute...?
> http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/html5/spec/Overview.html#the-style

Yes, the @scoped attribute does look quite interesting, but how many
years do we have to wait until the browsers support it? - will it
make it into IE10 for instance?

I agree with Anne's comments though about the media selection, and
alternative style sheets... but I think that is a feature for website
authors to use, if they want to use that feature... most websites
seem to only be built for the 'screen' media type...

...or 'screen,screen' to get NS4 to ignore it ;-)

Craig