Re: HTML5 differences from HTML4 editor's draft

On 6/14/07, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 11:01:54 +0200, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
> wrote:
> > I made it "Any attributes defined on elements that are in HTML4 but not
> > in HTML5 are (obviously) also not in HTML5." in my local copy. Hope that
> > helps.
>
> I now dropped the paragraph as it gives nothing but confusion and doesn't
> really add anything anyway.

If you wanted to be right to the point you could say:

"HTML5 defines its own list of attributes for elements. HTML4's
definitions do not count.".

or

"HTML5 defines its own list of attributes for elements. It defines
many attributes that are defined in HTML4, but *only* HTML5
definitions are valid."

--
Michael