Re: HTML5 differences from HTML4 editor's draft

From: Adam Nash <adamn@wirespring.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 21:50:27 -0400
To: Martijn <martijn.martijn@gmail.com>
Cc: "HTML WG" <public-html@w3.org>

On Wednesday 13 June 2007 06:00 pm, Martijn wrote:
> 2007/6/13, Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>:
> > On Wed, 2007-06-13 at 16:40 +0200, Martijn wrote:
> > > "Any attributes defined on elements that are not in HTML5 are
> > > (obviously) also not in HTML5"
> > > sounds weird.
> >
> > I tripped over that too, but I haven't figured out a more
> > straightforward way to say it.
> >
> > Do you have any suggestions?
>
> I would have thought the first HTML5 should be HTML4, but that's not the
> case?

Yeah, I didn't understand this sentence until about my third read-through.
Unless I'm mistaken, it's just saying that for all the elements that were
dropped from HTML5, any special attributes those elements might have had were
dropped too.  Obvious, but only once you understand it!

Are there even any attributes that fit this criterion?  It would undoubtedly
be clearer and more informative to list them off, like: "The 'foo' attribute
is no longer defined (since the 'bar' element has been removed in HTML5)."

Adam