Re: Raising issues in a way that the editors will pay attention to them

From: Laurens Holst <lholst@students.cs.uu.nl>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 07:41:37 +0900
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Ian Hickson schreef:
>> I see "Italicised issues are those that have been marked as resolved."
>>
>> None of those have been resolved by the WG, so I refined that to
>> "Italicised issues are those that have are resolved to the satisfaction
>> of the editor".
>>

> I'd left it ambiguous because the issues may indeed not have been resolved
> by an editor, but by anyone, for example when marking an issue as a
> duplicate, or when an issue is clearly invalid. (The text before didn't
> say "by the working group" either.) I've tried to make it clearer.
>
> I'm not sure what it means for an issue to be resolved by the working
> group in this context.

On the subject of resolving, the issue Default style sheet
<http://esw.w3.org/topic/HTML/DefaultStyleSheet05> has been marked
RESOLVED, stating "There will be a rendering section to cover this."

I do not think things should be resolved if the thing that actually
resolves it is not yet available…

~Grauw