Re: toward W3C Working Draft: design principles? spec? other? (survey)

From: Henrik Dvergsdal <henrik.dvergsdal@hibo.no>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 12:38:40 +0200
To: HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>

On 4 Jun 2007, at 11:58, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> I don't think we should assume HTML4 is perfect. The legacy we have
> is HTML as practiced on the web, not HTML4. It probably make sense
> to analyse features in that light (apart from normally reviewing
> them).

I agree

But if we are to follow this literally, we must, at least in
principle, be able to state the rationale behind *every single
feature* in HTML5 with use cases, research etc. referring to actual
usage in the wild. If not, what parts of the spec can safely be
excluded from such scrutiny?

--
Henrik