JAWS 6.2 "simply complex" table tests (was Re: Table accessibility )

Tested using JAWS 6.2, IE 7 , Windows XP
Interrogated cell 25 of the "simply complex table" examples using the
JAWS command :
"To hear information about the current table cell, press ALT+CTRL+NUM
PAD 5. JAWS announces the row and column position, reads the current
row and column headers, and reads the contents of the cell. "

results:
1. table with th only: announces "column 6, row 6, E, 5, cell 25"
2. table with th and scope: announces "column 6, row 6, E, 5, cell 25"
3. table with th and id/headers: announces "column 6, row 6, J, E, 5,
10, cell 25"

which indicates that in this case, JAWS is using the id/headers.

NOTE: In  case 3 JAWS announces  the headers in the order above
regardless of the order they are placed: example
headers="hj h5 h10 he"
headers="hj he h5 h10"

are announced "column 6, row 6, J, E, 5, 10, cell 25"

--
with regards

Steve Faulkner
Technical Director - TPG Europe