Re: headers attribute

From: Thomas Broyer <t.broyer@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 10:40:55 +0200
To: public-html@w3.org

2007/6/4, Leif Halvard Silli:

> And does anyone know what happens if I put SCOPE on a TH within
> the THEAD element. And then add SCOPE to the correpsonding TH
> in same column in the TFOOT element, in HTML5 (or in HTML4)? A
> cell in this column would then be scoped from top and from bottom.
> In the code, it would come after the SCOPE in the THEAD.

HTML5 defines scope= in terms of "slots". If you put <tfoot> before
<tbody> in the <table>, then all your data cells will be associated
with header cells in both <thead> and <tfoot>. On the other hand, if
you put <tfoot> after <tbody>s, then you data cells will be associated
with header cells only in <thead>, and header cells in <tfoot> won't
be column headers of any data cells.

At least that's how I read the algorithms with the "Processing model"
section <http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/section-tabular.html#processing>

--
Thomas Broyer