Re: Investigating the proposed alt attribute recommendations in HTML 5

From: Sander Tekelenburg <st@isoc.nl>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 18:06:26 +0200
To: <public-html@w3.org>

At 05:43 +0200 UTC, on 2007-08-30, Leif Halvard Silli wrote:

[...]

> The HTML5 draft says that TITLE and ALT should be showed in different ways.
>But perhaps is enough to say that they should be showed in different ways
>only if the element has both a TITLE and an ALT text?

I'd think that would result in inconsistent behaviour, which would hurt
usability. I agree that @alt and @title's contents should be presented
differently, so that users can recognise their meaning. If they're presented
differently again depending on context, that would make it *harder* for users
to know their meaning -- negating the intention.

--
Sander Tekelenburg