Re: review of content type rules by IETF/HTTP community

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 22:18:07 -0500
To: Robert Burns <rob@robburns.com>
CC: public-html@w3.org

Robert Burns wrote:
>  From the bug cited earlier[1], it looks to me that Apache is unwilling
> to fix their bug (from what I can tell you even submitted a patch fro
> them).

Well.  As you can see from the discussion in the bug, the patch I
submitted was not exactly correct.  It fixes the problem in the simple
case, but it changes an existing design invariant and doesn't fix the
various parts of the codebase that rely on that invariant.  So it needed
a good bit to get into shape, and I unfortunately didn't have the time
(or familiarity with the codebase, which are somewhat interchangeable in
this case) to do that.

Setting the record straight,
Boris