Re: IE's AND EVERYONE ELSE'S object implementation problems (was RE: Baby Steps or Backwards Steps?)

From: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 10:19:36 +0900
Cc: HTML Working Group <public-html@w3.org>, Chris Wilson <Chris.Wilson@microsoft.com>
To: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>

(trimming a bit the cc:)

Doug Schepers (22 août 2007 - 06:25) :
> Finally, since SVG has its own DOM, the tests should include access
> to and from that DOM.  I can't think of another example of a format
> that would be embedded in an <object> that also has its own DOM,
> but it could come to pass... what should/could happen when HTML is
> embedded in an HTML <object> element?

An XHTML (application/xhtml+xml) object included by an object will
have its own XML DOM when embedded in an HTML <object> element.

http://simonwillison.net/2003/Jun/15/javascriptWithXML/
http://developer.apple.com/internet/webcontent/xmltransformations.html

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
      *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***