Re: Placeholder Text for Text Boxes

From: Maurice Carey <maurice@thymeonline.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 11:12:36 -0400
To: HTML Working Group <public-html@w3.org>

Also, is there, or is there going to be a way to indicate that an element
should be invisible for sighted users but any text in that element should
still be read for screen readers?

For example:
For a design where I have to put the text "username" and "password" inside
the input since there was no space to have a proper <label> I'd like to be
able to have put a proper label for the benefit of blind users but still
have it display:none for sighted users since they'll be able to see the text
inside the input. I may have the text "username" and "password" appear by
using background images in the <input> since "password" in a password input
looks like "********"
--
::   thyme online ltd
::   po box cb13650  nassau  the bahamas