[admin] W3C Wiki migration

From: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 14:23:04 +0900
Cc: Olivier Théreaux <ot@w3.org>
To: public-html WG <public-html@w3.org>

Hi,

The HTML WG is using the [wiki quite intensively][1].

I was discussing with Olivier Théreaux (W3C) this morning about the
W3C wiki migration. W3C wikis are operated under moinmoin. Some W3C
Members have requested a few times to move to Mediawiki for the wiki
engine. Olivier is studying a path for a smooth migration from
MoinMoin to Mediawiki. The migration will create some issues

* Revision history for all the documents  will be *lost* in Mediawiki.
   We would look into saving the revision history
   somewhere in web space, for the record.
* The user accounts will be probably *lost* too and will have to be
recreated.

Then I would like to know if you are *against the migration* for ESW
(which is a public wiki.)  and why are you against the migration. I
guess the Semantic Web community will have to be asked too.
If you agree with the migration, no need to reply.

[1]: http://esw.w3.org/topic/HTML/

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
      *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***