Re: meta refresh (3.7.5.3. Pragma directives)

From: Edward O'Connor <hober0@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 08:05:30 -0700
To: "HTML WG" <public-html@w3.org>

> It concerns me that W3C is drafting two documents, WCAG 2 saying
> "don't use refresh" whilst HTML5 says "here's how to use refresh".
> It's a contradiction and it causes problems, particularly when working

This doesn't strike me as a contradiction. If I may make an analogy
that might be in poor taste, it's like parents saying "don't have
pre-marital sex, but if you do, here's how to use a condom."

People will use meta refresh. It's in use all over the web. Browsers
will have to support it forever. HTML5 should define how it works,
regardless of its best-practice status.