Re: meta refresh (3.7.5.3. Pragma directives)

From: Philip TAYLOR <Philip-and-LeKhanh@Royal-Tunbridge-Wells.Org>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 16:02:13 +0100
To: Ben Boyle <benjamins.boyle@gmail.com>
CC: HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>

Ben -- I'm 101% in favour of accessibility, but
I cannot see how something similar to :

can negatively impact the accessibility of
a typical page on which it might be used.

We use constructs such as this to (a) advise
users that a page has moved (explicitly),
and (b) take them to that page automatically
after a finite delay if they don't follow
the explicit link given in the prose of the page.

Could you explain to me the negative effect this
might have on someone dependent on uncompromised
accessibility ?

Philip Taylor