Re: Introduce <term> element

From: Olivier GENDRIN <olivier.gendrin@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 23:53:48 +0200
To: Maurice <maurice@thymeonline.com>
Cc: "HTML Working Group" <public-html@w3.org>

On 4/30/07, Maurice <maurice@thymeonline.com> wrote:
> If I were making some kind of web based school book I'd probably want to
> make a script that dynamically assigned <dfn> tags to every word on the
> current page longer than 5 letters. And maybe have a browser extension that
> kept track of defined words encountered in that subjects literature with
> links back to every page/paragraph where the word was encountered.

Have a look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Wide_Web. The only
'word' on that page that should be nested in a <dfn> would be 'World
Wide Web'. The rest of the words that needed it are encapsulated in
<a>, to their own page, that should also use <dfn>...

--
Olivier G.
http://www.lespacedunmatin.info/blog/