Re: About the Web Forms 2 proposal

Maciej Stachowiak schrieb:
> In conclusion, based on my experience working with web developers at
> Apple and elsewhere, I see no evidence of your claim that delcarative
> features are important to website owners. I will admit I could just be
> talking to the wrong website owners, but I have talked to the ones you
> cited specifically.
I think this is the heart of the debate, and I am somewhat glad we are
getting to this point.

Obviously, we disagree. XML would be a failure if declarative features
would not be important to website owners. Regardless of whether we agree
or not, please recall that a certain amount of W3C members consider the
endless co-existence of an imperative HTML world together with a
declarative XML world as suboptimal and would like to see a them grow
together over time. This is what Dave, myself and others are trying to
do. OTOH, Ian, Anne, yourself and others do not see them growing
together over time as a goal, and are fine for HTML5 and subsequent
versions to diverge from the rest of the more declarative XML stack of
the W3C forever.

- Sebastian