Re: survey of top web sites

At 10:37 -0700 UTC, on 2007-04-26, Sean Fraser wrote:

[...]

> I doubt that most users would specify a particular setting. Last year, when
>CSS Validation discussions occured, most users of the CSS Validator did know
>know that they could change the default setting. Consequently, the CSS
>Validator Team made the default setting 2.1.

Heh. I didn't know either until now. Why? Because the validator results don't
say what settings were applied. I almost always submit CSS from within my
browser, which generates the URL to submit the current page to the W3C's CSS
'validator' and its default settings. If W3C's CSS validator's output would
say what settings were used, and allow resubmitting the same document with
different settings, that would be a useful improvement.

--
Sander Tekelenburg