Re: Re[2]: New html-element: table3

On 4/24/07, Dmitry Turin <html60@narod.ru> wrote:

> >> My interest would be in populating the table with a single round trip
>
> Preston, what defect has the following construction
> ("tc" means "table column"):

> <th id=10>ColName1</th>
> <th id=20>ColName2</th>
> <th id=30>ColName3</th>
> <tc>
> <th id=1>RowName1</th>
> <th id=2>RowName2</th>
> <th id=3>RowName3</th>
> </tc>
> <data>
> </data>

Other than the notion of a column (or columns) of row headers, the above
seems like just another way of doing what you can the existing HTML (you
might want to check out <col> and <colgroup>).

There does seem to be a lack in the area of row and column headers - with
coupled but independent scrolling of the body (for large tables).  As to
what form that should take, I as yet have no opinion.