Re: tasks to supplement HTML specification development

From: Brad Fults <bfults@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 11:20:54 -0700
To: "Dan Connolly" <connolly@w3.org>
Cc: public-html@w3.org

On 4/11/07, Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org> wrote:
>              a tutorial about the whole language (or the parts that 80%
> need to know about)

As was discussed on IRC [1], I think this mainstream language tutorial
will end up being the most important deliverable of the group because
it will directly affect the people using the language (and will likely
determine how much that use increases). The spec will be great for
implementors and tech-savvy HTML authors, but unless there is a
friendly, accessible overview and guide to the language, mainstream
authors will likely continue copying and pasting HTML 3.2 DOCTYPEs
from random sites without giving it a thought.

I'm adding my name next to this line item.

[1] - http://krijnhoetmer.nl/irc-logs/html-wg/20070411#l-787

--
Brad Fults