Re: A Compromise to the Versioning Debate

Christian Schmidt wrote:
> Matthew Raymond wrote:
>
> The attribute (or however it is specified) should probably allow a list
> of products, in case some other existing or future browser vendor
> chooses to support versioning, i.e.

   I agree about having space-separated strings to allow bug modes for
multiple vendors. (I missed your message initially, so I've already
posted something to this effect on the mailing list.) I'm not sure what
HTML versioning has to do with this, though. While HTML versions and
browser versions can't necessarily be synchronous, browsers can't really
support future versions of HTML. Therefore, IE7, for instance, will
never support HTML5. Therefore, the browser modes will inherently
reflect the version of the spec the user agent is supposed to support.