Re: Editor and authors

Terje Bless wrote:

> hsivonen@iki.fi (Henri Sivonen) wrote:
>
>> On Apr 20, 2007, at 11:34, Karl Dubost wrote:
>>
>>> * It is *very* satisfying for members of the WG to be able to
>>> say I have written this part.
>> I don't like the above point at all as part of rationale for a particular way
>> of working.
>
> In the real world, with real people, factors such as these tend
> to play a much larger role than what one might ideally wish for.
> Pretending this isn't so would be counterproductive.

Nevertheless it is well documented that small teams are more efficient than
large groups of people.

I hope we all agree that our role is to make the HTML5 spec of as high-quality
as possible. Given the fact above I suggest it follows that we should be looking
for a small number (order 1) members of the WG to directly edit the spec (in
particular we should be looking for members with the most talent for writing
specification documents and with broadly compatible philosophies on the style of
writing appropriate to the HTML5 spec.).

If other people want to feel they have made a more tangible contribution than
just taking part on the mailing list, there have been numerous suggestions of
supplemental tasks that we need to undertake (e.g. collating issues from blogs,
bug systems and fora into an issue tracking system, writing authoring guides,
etc.)[1]

[1] http://esw.w3.org/topic/HtmlTaskBrainstorm