Re: Proposing <indent> vs. <blockquote>

From: Dão Gottwald <dao@design-noir.de>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 16:14:55 +0200
To: Shane Thacker <shanethacker@gmail.com>
CC: public-html@w3.org

Shane Thacker schrieb:
> That being said, anyone here used Textile, or BBCode for blog markup
> or forum posts?

The implementations of Textile and the like that I saw (or even created)
produced clean HTML.

I personally hate BBCode with a passion. However, the produced HTML
usually lacks <blockquote> or contains it where appropriate. Some use
mostly presentational markup, i.e. <table> and/or <div> for [quote] and
[code] (vBulletin, WoltLab Burning Board, Invasion Power Board). Others
use <blockquote> for [quote] but don't misuse it for [code] (phpBB, PunBB).

--Dao