Re: legacy of incompetence? [was: a compromise to the versioning debate]

On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 01:16:41 +0200, Henrik Dvergsdal
<henrik.dvergsdal@hibo.no> wrote:
> I share your concerns about the size of the specification and the
> corresponding error rate - especially since the language (according to
> the current proposal)  will be defined solely by means of english prose
> - no formal grammar, schema or anything.

This part is already done and that part of the specification is not so
big. It's also implementable (there's at least one public implementation
(search for html5lib) and I believe Hixie wrote one in a proprietary
Google language as well).

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>