Re: A Compromise to the Versioning Debate

From: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 20:18:15 +1000
To: Mihai Sucan <mihai.sucan@gmail.com>
CC: Bruce Boughton <bruce@bruceboughton.me.uk>, public-html@w3.org

Mihai Sucan wrote:
> It is inevitable, given the switch, we will end up with tons of
> documents relying on buggy behaviour in IE.next. IE n+1 will break those
> pages if it doesn't add yet another switch.

I absolutely agree with you there!  But that's what IE wants to inflict
on the world.  As I said, my suggestion is the lesser of two evils and I
would prefer to have no versioning at all.  But Microsoft isn't giving
us a choice in the matter and we clearly can't stop them from making
this huge mistake.  At this point, it seems all we can do is negotiate
for a slightly less painful and disastrous outcome.

Sigh.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/