Re: Versioning and html[5]

From: Matthew Raymond <mattraymond@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 20:53:18 -0400
To: Mike Schinkel <w3c-lists@mikeschinkel.com>
CC: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>, "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>

Mike Schinkel wrote:
> Håkon Wium Lie wrote:
>> How is my assertion false? Which of the above products you listed
>> above can parse and display all doc-files correctly?
>
> I'll answer your question with a question: Which HTML user agents can
> parse and display all HTML file correctly?

   Considering that Microsoft in the past has had trouble parsing some
of the older Office formats, I don't see your point. Even Microsoft
itself doesn't necessarily have perfect support for its own legacy
formats. Copying Office's format-of-the-month approach for supporting
new features is suboptimal for the web.