Re: Versioning and html[5]

From: Laurens Holst <lholst@students.cs.uu.nl>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 18:11:24 +0900
To: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Lachlan Hunt schreef:
> Right, because authors will be able to remember and type that number
> so easily!

Well, maybe just version="200705" will do. Or just tell authors to have
it contain the date when they created the page, that way they don’t have
to remember a specific number.

>> Then again, I would love if Microsoft could change the default type
>> for a <button> to submit instead of button.
>
> They can!  That's not likely to significantly break the web, it's
> likely to fix a few pages.

Why do you think it would not significantly break the web? I created a
demo in IE once (as it was meant to be demoed using IE), and when I
tried it in Firefox I was surprised that instead of running the script
that I wanted it to run, it submitted the form and caused unexpected
results. That’s how I found out that the default type of <button>
according to the specification is submit. Now just imagine I had never
tried this in Firefox.

~Grauw