Re: Versioning and html[5]

At 9:40 AM -0700 UTC, on 4/12/07, Chris Wilson wrote:

[...]

> I believe we (the WG) need to build a web we all believe in, starting from
>where we are, make sure it's downlevel-compatible with the current web
>(HERE's where the XHTML 2.0 effort screwed up, both in the details and in
>the mime type issue), and watch the current proprietary things rot away in
>usage.

They won't rot away as long as authoring tools (libraries included) keep on
generating invalid and proprietary output. I believe that applies to
Microsoft's authoring tools as well. It would be really helpful if Microsoft
(and all other authoring tools authors) would improve the output of their
authoring tools in this respect. That way there would actually be a chance of
that rot happening. In other words, I invite you to participate in the Web
Repair Initiative: <http://webrepair.org/>.

--
Sander Tekelenburg