Re: Organization Weakness Re: Proposal to Adopt HTML5

On Wed, 11 Apr 2007, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> > It would be good to be able to track all the inputs you receive, all
> > the weblogs you have read, etc. all the thousand of emails waiting in
> > your inbox and that are not publicly archived. Maybe a co-editor, a
> > tracker, or something that could make the life of the project a little
> > bit more secure.
>
> I do think we should nominate one or more people to make sure all issues
> that are officially raised are tracked somehow, and I agree it would
> reduce our bus factor. It would help to have good software for this
> purpose. Perhaps the W3C tracker can be sufficiently enhanced.

Indeed. There were some efforts in the WHATWG project to track blog input
as well; this could also be expanded to include bug systems (some of which
are public; the others, e.g. Opera's or IE's, would require help from
people with access to them who could anonymise data). The WHATWG also has
had people volunteer to translate feedback, again, we should encourage
such efforts to take part here, I think.