Re: wg members status

On Apr 11, 2007, at 5:26 AM, stefan2904 wrote:
> Maybe it would help to display all mails from a user or a counting
> of them in the memberlist

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007Apr/author.html

###

With regards to the number of people on this list, I'd say that
people need to use their discretion ~ we all know how many people are
here, some are students like me, others are here representing the
major browsers, etc. If a "+1" is warranted, send it ~ but if no one
disagrees, then it's useless to have ten emails showing concurrence.

> I think having 300+ person on this list is a risk when we are
> talking about an open list.

Yes, this seems challenging ~ we all get plenty of emails. But if
this specification is to be open, and in my opinion account to the
community at large (and not a small group, i.e. browser vendors or
any particular group of web developers), this list needs to remain open.

###

I've had some concerns with the W3C process, mainly the lack of
direction from the chairs ~ but remember that you can email them
directly. Dan and Chris have been more than helpful, and I believe
we'll be more on track once we all agree on a mutual starting point
(whether it be adopting WHATWG's spec or someplace else).

Thanks, hope everyone's having a good day....
Benjamin Chait: benjamin.chait@gmail.com | http://benjaminchait.net
303.641.7284 | aim - riker42 | skype - benjamin.chait