Re: wg members status

From: Benjamin Chait <benjamin.chait@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 18:10:04 -0400
To: public-html@w3.org
On Apr 11, 2007, at 5:26 AM, stefan2904 wrote:
> Maybe it would help to display all mails from a user or a counting
> of them in the memberlist

With regards to the number of people on this list, I'd say that
people need to use their discretion ~ we all know how many people are
here, some are students like me, others are here representing the
major browsers, etc. If a "+1" is warranted, send it ~ but if no one
disagrees, then it's useless to have ten emails showing concurrence.

> I think having 300+ person on this list is a risk when we are
> talking about an open list.

Yes, this seems challenging ~ we all get plenty of emails. But if
this specification is to be open, and in my opinion account to the
community at large (and not a small group, i.e. browser vendors or
any particular group of web developers), this list needs to remain open.

I've had some concerns with the W3C process, mainly the lack of
direction from the chairs ~ but remember that you can email them
directly. Dan and Chris have been more than helpful, and I believe
we'll be more on track once we all agree on a mutual starting point
(whether it be adopting WHATWG's spec or someplace else).

Thanks, hope everyone's having a good day....
Benjamin Chait: benjamin.chait@gmail.com | http://benjaminchait.net
303.641.7284 | aim - riker42 | skype - benjamin.chait