Re: Level of specification detail (Was Re: Proposal to Adopt HTML5)

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 11:33:39 +0200
To: "Henrik Dvergsdal" <henrik.dvergsdal@hibo.no>, public-html@w3.org

On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 11:28:36 +0200, Henrik Dvergsdal
<henrik.dvergsdal@hibo.no> wrote:
> If we put HTML4.01 at one end of the scale and ECMA-262 at the other,
> where should we place HTML5?
>
> If we go for a very high level of detail, I think it will be useful to
> have a superficial, syntactically oriented author view on the spec so
> that authors/developers can share the same source without having to
> relate to all the algorithms.
>
> In most cases authors/developers don't need the algorithms - they just
> need to validate the syntax and then check with the browsers if things
> work/look ok.

Instead of talking about how to do the specification perhaps you should
have a look at the proposal and comment on where it doesn't meet your
needs. I think that would be a more constructive way of moving forward.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>