Re: Proposal to Adopt HTML5

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 23:54:50 +0200
To: "Roger Johansson" <roger@456bereastreet.com>, "HTML WG" <public-html@w3.org>

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 20:00:13 +0200, Roger Johansson
<roger@456bereastreet.com> wrote:
>> There is a summary of changes from HTML4 here: http://
>> wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/Changes_from_HTML4
>>
>> The change summary is not yet complete but is actively being improved.
>
> Will there be explanations of the reasoning behind adding/removing/
> changing a particular element or attribute? Or is that information
> already available somewhere?

I agree it would be very good to have this available in a central place
somewhere. Currently most descisions can be found in the archives of
whatwg@whatwg.org but it's clearly not desirable to skim through all those
e-mails. The best way forward here would be for people to create new wiki
pages documenting the rationale behind changes. (Of course, this can only
be done by the people who are willing to skim through the archives or know
the rationale reasonably well.)

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>