Re: Version information

On Mon, 09 Apr 2007 21:50:02 +0200, Henrik Dvergsdal
<henrik.dvergsdal@hibo.no> wrote:
> Does this mean we have to include detailed, exact definitions and
> descriptions of every HTML feature that has a certain likelyhood of
> being used out there?

I'm not sure what else it could mean.

> In addition to all the new stuff, I guess this includes elements/
> attributes/semantics/prescribed behaviours:
>
> * within HTML 4.01,
>
> * that have been deprecated (in HTML 4.01 and previous versions),
>
> * that became de facto standards without being described formally
>
> * that were implemented in some browser(s) but never became part of any
> HTML standard.
>
> How do we determine which elements/attributes/semantics/behaviours that
> can be safely left out from the standard?

By doing research?

> How shall we deal with with inconsistent behaviour between current
> browsers? Shall we choose one of them for the new standard or describe
> several options?

You mostly go by what Internet Explorer does unless it crashes or violates
core assumptions of other specifications such as the DOM tree model.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>