Re: Microsoft has now joined the HTML Working Group

Whilst the CSS print media solves certain problems, it doesn't solve
others. CSS allows you to alter the styling and to show or to hide
content, but what if the document content and structure needs to be
changed for printing, such as may be the case for applications where
the paper user interface is very different from what is offered on
screen. Having events gives applications developers the extra
flexibility to handle such situations.