Re: The HTMLWG and WHATWG (Was: Default (informal) Style Sheet)

On Apr 5, 2007, at 19:20, Chris Wilson wrote:

> If they are prevented from joining by their companies due to IP
> concerns, well, then I have to say the Patent Policy is there for
> exactly this reason - so things like the Apple canvas IP won't
> prevent the spec from being free to implement.

There's also the case that the employer has agreed to the Patent
Policy but the job function of the employee doesn't seem to justify
the nomination to this WG. The effect is that employees of Members
can't easily lurk here and chime in only when their area of expertise
is touched. On the WHATWG list, they can.

Just as examples, you can see contributions to the WHATWG list from
people affiliated with Nokia, Mozilla, Apple and Opera who aren't
nominated as representatives of those companies to this WG even
though the companies are participating under the Patent Policy.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi