W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > October to December 2009

{agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-10-29: issues, action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task forces, F2F...

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 12:05:58 -0400
Message-ID: <4AE86BE6.60502@intertwingly.net>
To: public-html-wg-announce@w3.org
CC: Steven Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>, Larry Masinter <masinter@adobe.com>, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>, Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>, Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, "Michael(tm) Smith" <mike@w3.org>
The HTML Working Group will have its usual weekly teleconference on
2009-10-17 for 60 minutes from 16:00Z to 17:00Z.

         http://timeanddate.com/s/1etz

*** note changes in time for Amsterdam and London ***

Tokyo 01:00+1, Amsterdam/Oslo 17:00, London/Dublin 16:00, New
Jersey/York 12 noon, Kansas City 11:00, Seattle/San Francisco 09:00.

Chair of the meeting: Sam Ruby
Scribe: TBD

It looks like a full agenda, so if you wish to speak on a particular 
topic, I will ask that you first read the details below the summary for 
the items of interest to you.

(See the end of this email for dial-in and IRC info.)

== Executive Summary ==

0. Pick a scribe

1. Review of due and overdue action items:
      a. ISSUE-35 (aria-processing): ACTION-138 on Steve Faulkner:
      b. ISSUE-56 (urls-webarch) ACTION-137 on Larry Masinter:
      c. ISSUE-55 (head-profile): on Manu Sporny:
      d. ISSUE-73 (predefined-voc): ACTION-123 on Sam Ruby:
      e. ISSUE-74 (canvas-accessibility): ACTION-133 on Richard
         Schwerdtfeger:

2. Review of action items pending review:
      a. ACTION-127 on Paul Cotton: establish process for "official WG
         response" to other WG's RFC on LC drafts
      b. ACTION-155 on Maciej: Send CFC for review of decision policy
      c. ACTION-156 on Sam Ruby: Send request for change proposals on
         outstanding open issues

3. New issues this week:
      a. ISSUE-85 ARIA roles added to the a element should be conforming
         in HTML5
      b. ISSUE-86 HTML5 relaxes Atom requirement on atom:id stability
      c. ISSUE-87 Should spec require whitespace normalization of
         attribute values, particularly in title attribute?

4. Review of Chair Calls for Consensus/Proposals:
      a. ISSUE-4 (html-versioning) - Chairs Solicit Proposals
      b. ISSUE-7 (video-codecs) - Chairs Solicit Proposals
      c. ISSUE 14 (aria-role) - suggest closing on 2009-11-12
      d. ISSUE-30 (longdesc) - Chairs Solicit Proposals
      e. ISSUE-63 (origin-req-scope) - Chairs Solicit Proposals
      f. ISSUE-74 (Microdata/RDFa) - Chairs Solicit *COUNTER* Proposals

5. Status of Task Forces
      a. Testing Task Force
      b. HTML Accessibility Task Force

6. Plans for TPAC/ECMA TC39 F2F meetings
      a. ACTION-153 on Maciej Stachowiak: Outline unconference format for
         F2F meeting
      b. ACTION-157 on Michael(tm) Smith: Request two smaller rooms (big
         enough for 10-12 people) for breakout sessions

7. Scribe for next meeting
8. Adjournment

== Details ==

ISSUE-35 (aria-processing): ACTION-138 on Steve Faulkner:

This action was opened on August 22, originally due 2009-08-31, then 
2009-09-10, then 2009-09-24, then 2009-10-08.  We need a realistic due date.

---

ISSUE-56 (urls-webarch) ACTION-137 on Larry Masinter:

This action was opened on August 21, originally due 2009-08-31, then 
2009-09-01, then 2009-09-08, then 2009-09-17, then 2009-09-24, then 
2009-09-28, then 2009-10-21.  We need a realistic due date.

The F2F is likely to be a target rich environment for participants who 
would be interested in discussing this topic.

---

ISSUE-55 (head-profile): on Manu Sporny:

We had a first draft on 27 Sept, and discussion continued to 14 Oct and 
then ceased.  Any new status?

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Sep/1123.html
http://html5.digitalbazaar.com/specs/html5-epb.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Oct/subject.html#msg414

---

ISSUE-73 (predefined-voc): ACTION-123 on Sam Ruby:

Given that the predefined vocabularies have moved out of the spec, I no 
longer see my action as relevant.  Given that the originator has 
indicated that this satisfies his concern, I suggest that the issue 
itself be closed:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Oct/0114.html

---

ISSUE-74 (canvas-accessibility): ACTION-133 on Richard Schwerdtfeger:

This is not due this week, in fact, it is due 17 Dec.  Even so, any 
possibility we can we have an update?

Related: we have a draft Canvas spec, along with informal rationale by 
Doug Sheppers and Maciej, with support by Microsoft, and a draft:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Oct/0747.html

It is unclear how the draft relates to Maciej's statement, and, in fact, 
what the rationale is.  How should we track this?  Should we start with 
a bug or an issue?  How about a change proposal?

---

ACTION-127 on Paul Cotton: establish process for "official WG response" 
to other WG's RFC on LC drafts

Status update?

---

ACTION-155 on Maciej: Send CFC for review of decision policy

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Oct/1034.html

---

ACTION-156 on Sam Ruby: Send request for change proposals on outstanding 
open issues

First batch sent out on Monday.  Individual issues discussed below.

---

ISSUE-85 ARIA roles added to the a element should be conformingin HTML5

New issue.  Any volunteers to write a change proposal?

---

ISSUE-86 HTML5 relaxes Atom requirement on atom:id stability

New issue.  Any volunteers to write a change proposal?

---

ISSUE-87 Should spec require whitespace normalization of attribute 
values, particularly in title attribute?

New issue.  Any volunteers to write a change proposal?

---

ISSUE-4 (html-versioning) - Chairs Solicit Proposals

No response yet.

---

ISSUE-7 (video-codecs) - Chairs Solicit Proposals

No response yet

---

ISSUE 14 (aria-role) - suggest closing on 2009-11-12

No response yet.

---

ISSUE-30 (longdesc) - Chairs Solicit Proposals

Change Proposal: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Oct/0949.html

Does this proposal need to be revised based on feedback?

Is it time to call for counter-proposals?

---

ISSUE-63 (origin-req-scope) - Chairs Solicit Proposals

No response yet.

---

ISSUE-74 (Microdata/RDFa) - Chairs Solicit *COUNTER* Proposals

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Oct/0773.html

The request for rationale for keeping Microdata in the spec appears to 
have gotten some mild pushback.

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Oct/0955.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Oct/0957.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Oct/0971.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Oct/0981.html

---

Status of Task Forces
       a. Testing Task Force
       b. HTML Accessibility Task Force

Current status is that both are started, with the HATF lacking an HTMLWG 
liaison.  The chairs are still discussing how to proceed with this issue.

Any other actions the chairs need to focus on?

Any (early) status either TF wishes to report on?

---

Plans for HTML WG F2F meeting, Nov 5-6

ACTION-153 on Maciej Stachowiak: Outline unconference format for F2F meeting

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Oct/1032.html

ACTION-157 on Michael(tm) Smith: Request two smaller rooms (big enough 
for 10-12 people) for breakout sessions

Status update?

== Dial-in and IRC Details ==

Zakim teleconference bridge
+1.617.761.6200, +33.4.89.06.34.99, +44.117.370.6152
code: HTML (4865)

Supplementary IRC chat (logged)
#html-wg on irc.w3.org port 6665 or port 80
Received on Wednesday, 28 October 2009 16:06:32 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 19 February 2014 13:57:51 UTC