[DECISION] Publish HTML 5 and differences doc as Working Drafts

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 07:42:43 -0400
To: public-html-wg-announce@w3.org
At this time, I would like to direct Mike Smith to work with Ian Hickson
and Anne van Kesteren to update as necessary and then publish the
following editor's drafts as W3C Working Drafts:

   http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/
   http://dev.w3.org/html5/html4-differences/

I will note that "Consensus is not a prerequisite for approval to
publish; the Working Group MAY request publication of a Working Draft
even if it is unstable and does not meet all Working Group requirements."

I'm making this decision simply because it is time to move on.  It does
not mean that the group has decided that any feature mentioned in the
draft is "in", or that any feature not mentioned in the spec is "out".
In particular, it does not mean that the group has decided against the
inclusion of warnings.

I base my decision on the consideration, and ultimate withdrawal, of a
number of alternatives:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Jul/0924.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Jul/0944.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Aug/0069.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Aug/0128.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Aug/0272.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Aug/0330.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Aug/0492.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Aug/0539.html
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/wd08/results
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Aug/0932.html

This is a decision, and therefore subject to Formal Objections.  If
anybody wishes to do so, now would be the time to raise such objections.
  I will note that this decision is not based on either unanimity or
consensus but will state that I can clearly demonstrate the WG was
consulted and that a significant portion of the WG supports the outcome.

- Sam Ruby