Re: No subset for email

From: Arnt Gulbrandsen <arnt@oryx.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 13:34:41 +0100
To: Gregory Woodhouse <gregory.woodhouse@sbcglobal.net>
Cc: public-html-mail@w3.org

Gregory Woodhouse writes:
> Now, that's interesting: Are web-based e-mail applications (which are
> increasingly common) really distinguishable from other web-based
> applications? I don't see how they could be.

They are distinguished by having to display HTML/CSS email received from
spammers, phishers and other fellow citizens. Many other web-based
applications have no comparable threat.

But now that you say it, I suppose a malevolent email message could
impersonate some other UIs, not only webmail UIs.

Arnt