W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-a11y@w3.org > February 2012

Re: Minutes Re: agenda: HTML-A11Y Task Force, 08 February at 16:00Z

From: Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 09:51:22 +0000
Message-ID: <CA+ri+V=26crpbDmdrLsDh51hOfpXYvrpfrfVVTSyzUpX6NhDnQ@mail.gmail.com>
To: Michael Cooper <cooper@w3.org>
Cc: public-html-a11y@w3.org
Hi all,
>issue-193: remove CSS example (Steve)i submitted a proposal last week
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/outlinenone

Re: a11y taskforce F2F
ms: there's a proposal to have meetings between WebApps and HTML in Silicon
Valley 10 - 13 April 2012

this would not be possible for me to attend
I would like to suggest that an a11y taskforce face to face be located in
europe.


regards
stevef

On 10 February 2012 04:01, Michael Cooper <cooper@w3.org> wrote:

> **
> Minutes of the 9 February HTML Accessibility Task Force meeting are posted
> to http://www.w3.org/2012/02/09-html-a11y-minutes.html and copied below.
> HTML Accessibility Task Force Teleconference 09 Feb 2012
>
> Agenda<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2012Feb/0040.html>
>
> See also: IRC log <http://www.w3.org/2012/02/09-html-a11y-irc>
> Attendees
>  Present Cooper, Janina_Sajka, John_Foliot, Rich, Mike, paulc,
> Cynthia_Shelly Regrets Steve_Faulkner, Laura_Carlson Chair Mike_Smith
> Scribe MichaelC, MikeSmith
> Contents
>
>    - Topics <http://www.w3.org/2012/02/09-html-a11y-minutes.html#agenda>
>       1. When to file change proposals?<http://www.w3.org/2012/02/09-html-a11y-minutes.html#item01>
>       2. Reminder of the Deadline for reopen requests based on New
>       Information<http://www.w3.org/2012/02/09-html-a11y-minutes.html#item02>
>       3. Meta name generator<http://www.w3.org/2012/02/09-html-a11y-minutes.html#item03>
>       4. issue-192: title attribute (Steve)<http://www.w3.org/2012/02/09-html-a11y-minutes.html#item04>
>       5. issue-193: remove CSS example (Steve)<http://www.w3.org/2012/02/09-html-a11y-minutes.html#item05>
>       6. issue-194: media transcript (John)<http://www.w3.org/2012/02/09-html-a11y-minutes.html#item06>
>       7. issue-199: ARIA-attribute processing requirements (MichaelC)<http://www.w3.org/2012/02/09-html-a11y-minutes.html#item07>
>       8. issue-201: canvas fallback (Frank)<http://www.w3.org/2012/02/09-html-a11y-minutes.html#item08>
>       9. issue-202: figcaption word-count (Judy)<http://www.w3.org/2012/02/09-html-a11y-minutes.html#item09>
>       10. issue-131 caret selection notification<http://www.w3.org/2012/02/09-html-a11y-minutes.html#item10>
>       11. April face-to-face meetings for HTML and WebApps<http://www.w3.org/2012/02/09-html-a11y-minutes.html#item11>
>       12. Text alternatives<http://www.w3.org/2012/02/09-html-a11y-minutes.html#item12>
>     - Summary of Action Items<http://www.w3.org/2012/02/09-html-a11y-minutes.html#ActionSummary>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> <trackbot> Date: 09 February 2012
>
> <MikeSmith>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2012Feb/0063.html
>
> <MichaelC> agenda:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2012Feb/0040.html
>
> <MichaelC> scribe: MichaelC
> When to file change proposals?
>
> <paulc> Paul indicated that anyone with a change proposal they are
> working on should definitely file what they by the on time date.
>
> <paulc> There note should if possible indicate if there are any areas
> they plan to continue to work on so that other WG member know if the CP is
> complete or not.
>
> <paulc> The Chairs are especially willing to see CPs evovle in the face
> of input and/or discussion on the email list.
> Reminder of the Deadline for reopen requests based on New Information
>
> <MikeSmith>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2012Feb/0063.html
>
> ms: important to be aware of the deadlines in the above mail
> Meta name generator
>
> js: TF approved Steve's change proposal
>
>
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposal/meta_name=generator_does_not_make_missing_alt_conforming
>
> Leif has put out another one
>
> ms: note some of the reopen requests need to be refined further
>
> <scribe can't find pointer to Leif's CP>
>
> there will be a preliminary review for well formedness of CPs
>
> need to be prepared to respond quickly to issues raised
> issue-192: title attribute (Steve)
>
> -> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/notitlev2 Updated title
> attribute CP from Steve
>
> <note this is tagged to HTML-ISSUE-80, not HTML-ISSUE-192>
>
> <MikeSmith> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/notitle_reality
>
> js: this is a reconsideration request for HTML-ISSUE-80
>
> ms: finding above CP as well
>
> mc: think this is and OBE version but it's unclear
>
> ms: think Steve is on top of pushing the CP to the HTML WG
>
> js: important so will ping
>
> js; has been reviewed by text sub-team, just editorial edits now
> issue-193: remove CSS example (Steve)
>
> ms: no CP available?
>
> js: on Steve's plate, don't recall due date
>
> issue was that markup in example was not a11y friendly
>
> ms: so naive user might get misled even though it's informative
>
> <MikeSmith> http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html
>
> due 15 February 2012
> issue-194: media transcript (John)
>
> jf: there are two methods to pursue
>
> <scribe missed details>
>
> not sure whether to submit one, both as alternatives, what
>
> js: both would work and we don't have preference between them, right?
>
> jf: right, we need programmatic link to transcripts
>
> can be done with @kind or with a new attribute
>
> <scribe> new attribute might have more resistance
>
> ms: discussed in media sub-team?
>
> js: not recently
>
> there has been pushback on new values for @kind
>
> ms: should get others to support an approach and contribute to the CP
> issue-199: ARIA-attribute processing requirements (MichaelC)
>
> <MikeSmith> scribe: MikeSmith
>
> <MichaelC> ARIA processing CP<http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/ARIA_Processing>
>
> MichaelC: view is that this CP is to clarify how to do lexical processing
> of ARIA in HTML
> ... it copies info from elsewhre
> ... says what the syntax of the value of the role attribute is
> ... and some additional conformance requirements, then how to process it
> ... similiarly, for state and property attributes
> ... So I believe that should clarify the lexical processing requirements
> for ARIA
>
> <scribe> scribe: MichaelC
> issue-201: canvas fallback (Frank)
>
> rs: expect Frank to have a CP by this weekend
>
> <richardschwerdtfe> http://www.w3.org/wiki/Canvas_hit_testing
>
> due 16 Feb
>
> ms: also need to move that to the HTML wiki
> issue-202: figcaption word-count (Judy)
>
> js: believe Judy still hopes to get this in
>
> it's a nice-to-have, not essential
>
> so if it's not in, we'll be ok
>
> ms: would be nice to get it done so it's not hanging
>
> <richardschwerdtfe>
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/FocusRingTextBaseline
> issue-131 caret selection notification
>
> <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/FocusRingTextBaseline>
>
> <richardschwerdtfe>
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/CaretSelectionRevised
>
> rs: these are two canvas proposals
>
> not alternatives, they work together to solve the problems
>
> also think current state for focus ring isn't satisfactory yet
>
> item 24 = April face-to-face meetings for HTML and WebApps
> April face-to-face meetings for HTML and WebApps
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/0057.html
>
> ms: there's a proposal to have meetings between WebApps and HTML in
> Silicon Valley 10 - 13 April 2012
>
> question is whether this TF should meet then also
>
> <MikeSmith>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2012JanMar/thread.html#msg549
>
> TF could meet on Monday 9 April, Saturday 14 April, or overlap with
> WebApps on 10 - 11 April
>
> mc: can poll for a) support a FtF this year, b) support joining this
> batch of meetings, c) specific dates in that week preferred?
>
> js: want to know about agenda
>
> mc: picks up on some TPAC discussion about Web performance
>
> also some API work, that's not currently in HTML but affects it
>
> pc: HTML also needs to start thinking of what's next in HTML
>
> <MikeSmith> related to HTML.next - http://www.w3.org/html/wg/next/markup/
>
> js: makes sense for these meetings to take place
>
> <MikeSmith> stuff that will be going into WebApps charter -
> http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/wiki/CharterChanges#Additions_Agreed
>
> pc: FtF at last TPAC was considered valuable
>
> would run the HTML portion of this un-conference style
>
> js: PF would be interested in this stuff anyways
>
> value in TF joining in the forwards thinking
>
> pc: also in poll should point out nearby religious holidays
> Text alternatives
>
> mc: have a change proposal that functions as part of a reopen request for
> HTML-ISSUE-31, but don't feel confident in it
>
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/Text_Alternatives_Ownership
>
> js: Steve is working on another aspect that is more important
>
> need to decide what to do with these in the next day and half
>
> <scribe> meeting: HTML Accessibility Task Force
>  Summary of Action Items [End of minutes]
> ------------------------------
>  Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/%7Echeckout%7E/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm>version 1.136 (CVS
> log <http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/>)
> $Date: 2012/02/09 17:07:15 $
> ------------------------------
>
> --
>
> Michael Cooper
> Web Accessibility Specialist
> World Wide Web Consortium, Web Accessibility Initiative
> E-mail cooper@w3.org <cooper@w3.org>
> Information Page <http://www.w3.org/People/cooper/>
>



-- 
with regards

Steve Faulkner
Technical Director - TPG

www.paciellogroup.com | www.HTML5accessibility.com |
www.twitter.com/stevefaulkner
HTML5: Techniques for providing useful text alternatives -
dev.w3.org/html5/alt-techniques/
Web Accessibility Toolbar - www.paciellogroup.com/resources/wat-ie-about.html
Received on Friday, 10 February 2012 09:52:11 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Friday, 27 April 2012 04:42:53 GMT