Re: no-title CP - remarks

From: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 05:09:01 +0200
To: HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
Leif Halvard Silli, Mon, 9 May 2011 23:41:17 +0200:

> It seems that Webkit's behaviour covered by what HTML5 says about
> repairing for lack of @alt:
>
> ]] While user agents are encouraged to repair cases of missing alt
> attributes, authors must not rely on such behavior. [[
>
> And I think that you could put it in your change proposal that HTML5
> says that authors are MUST NOT rely on such repair behaviour.

I have now put this into my own change proposal:

http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/EnTitle

Main difference from Steve's prop: a warning instead of an error
message, a different reading of the (browser) facts and other
justifications (plural) for revisiting the issue.

Leif H Silli